The Saltman Quarterly research journal is the flagship publication. It publishes the following types of articles:
It is published once per academic year and is distributed at the annual Biological Sciences Research Showcase at the end of spring quarter.
- Editorial Board: Composed of undergraduate biology majors. This makes up the core staff responsible for content and design of the journal as well as coordination of the other program elements.
- Faculty Advisory Board: Composed of least one faculty member from each of the four academic sections of the Division of Biological Sciences & the Holder of the Saltman Chair in Science Education.
- Review research manuscripts and research review articles submitted whose subject matter falls within the purview of the faculty member’s academic section
- Hold workshops for SQ staff and review board members
- Provide general guidance and support to the SQ staff in the development and execution of Saltman Quarterly
- Attend quarterly social events as well as end of the year reception for Saltman Quarterly