Creative Guidelines and Technical Specifications
- Your photograph must pertain to biology (e.g. neuropathy, microorganisms, plants, proteins, ecology, ecosystems, environmental science, conservation, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, etc.).
- Entries must be submitted in full color
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches or larger
- Resolution: 300 dpi or higher
- Portrait orientation
- Open only to UCSD undergraduate students.
- Submissions must be your original work. Do not infringe on others’ copyrighted property.
- Digital submissions are preferred, although hard copies will be accepted if necessary.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a signed Graphics Permission Statement
How to Submit
- For both digital and hard copy submissions, include your:
UCSD student status (year, college, major)
This information will be used to contact you should you win, and for the photo credit in the inside of the front cover.
- Email submission to email@example.com with “SQ Cover Photo Contest” in the subject line.
- The winning submission becomes the sole property of Saltman Quarterly and may be printed, reproduced, distributed, or modified at our sole discretion.
- The winner will be notified no later than Week 5 of Spring Quarter.
- The winning photograph will be used for the cover of the next issue of Saltman Quarterly.
- Full credit will be given to the winner in the inside of the front cover.
- We may ask for additional biographical information, or information about the content of the photograph, such as location, species, or description of activity.